What to do in motor vehicle accidents:
- Check yourself and passengers for injuries. If you do not have any major injuries, safely get out of your car and check on anyone else in other cars involved in the accident.
- Make sure that your car is in a safe area. You want to move your car to the side of the road out of the way of traffic. If you cannot move your car, stay where you are and call 911.
- Call the police to the scene. Even in minor accidents, a police accident report can be extremely valuable to both your car insurance and your medical insurance companies. If the police can not make it to the scene, you can file an accident report through your state’s DMV.
- Collect info from others involved in the accident:
- Driver and passenger names
- License plate numbers
- Insurance info
- Makes and models of all vehicles involved
- Contact info for any eyewitnesses
- Location of the accident
- The name and badge number of any responding police officers
- Take pictures of the damage. If it is possible, take pictures of the scene, damage to any vehicles involved and injuries. These will be very useful when filing a claim with your insurance company
- Lastly, file a claim with your car insurance company as soon as possible. If you were injured during the accident, file a claim with your medical insurance as well.
Were you injured during the accident?
- If you haven’t done so already, file a claim with your car insurance and your medical insurance as soon as possible.
- While your insurance is sorting everything out, it is important to keep track of all of your medical records while getting treated for anything related to your accident.
- Sometimes, it is necessary to hire an attorney. Don’t have or know any attorneys? We’ve got your covered.
At Kaizo Health (previously Sport & Spine Rehab), we will work closely with your primary care physician, your attorney, and your insurance.
A few common injuries that we most often see from Motor Vehicle Accidents include:
Schedule An Appointment Online Or Call Us At (240)766-0300!
We Have Helped Thousands Of Lives By Looking Beyond The Surface (Delving Into The Muscular, Skeletal, And Nervous Systems) In Order To Identify The Root Cause Of Pain And Injury.
[icon color=”Extra-Color-3″ animation_speed=”Slow” size=”small” icon_size=”” animation_delay=”” image=”fa-street-view”]
At Kaizo Health, We Use Advanced Treatment Options At Every Appointment, Such As Spinal Manipulation, Laser Therapy, Physical Therapy, Cupping, Dry Needling, And Massage.
[icon color=”Extra-Color-3″ animation_speed=”Slow” size=”small” icon_size=”” animation_delay=”” image=”fa-heartbeat”]
Our Integrative Approach Will Provide You With Long Lasting Pain Relief That Will Allow You To Continue Living A Healthier, Happier Life.
What To Expect At Your First Chiropractic Appointment!
From the second you walk in the door, our goal is to help you become pain-free. Check out this blog or our instagram to find out what your first appointment with us will be like–from beginning to end.