Back Pain Chiropractor in Fairfax, VA
Enduring back pain can significantly impact your life, spanning from the lower region between your tailbone and ribs, the mid-section from your shoulder blades to hips, to the upper back from your neck base to between your shoulder blades. Various factors can trigger this discomfort, including injuries, poor posture, overuse, a weak core, spinal degeneration, or certain medical conditions like herniated discs, kidney stones, or cancer. Although pain medications might offer temporary relief, it’s essential to address the root cause to prevent potential long-term complications.
Welcome to Kaizo Health in Fairfax, a top-rated chiropractic center. We have a decade-long history of assisting individuals manage their back pain. Our expertly trained doctors provide comprehensive information on symptoms, causes, and treatment options, including physical therapeutic rehab exercises at our conveniently located downtown center.
Our Fairfax VA chiropractic office is convenient for those located in…
Annandale | Arlington | Burke | Centreville | Chantilly | Falls Church | Idylwood | Mclean | North Springfield | Oakton | Reston | Springfield | Tysons Corner | Vienna | West Falls Church | West Springfield | Wolf Trap
Eliminate Daily Back Pain From your Life
In our Fairfax clinic, our practitioners design a unique treatment strategy tailored to your body’s distinct needs. Utilizing cutting-edge technology and proven, holistic treatment approaches, we ensure an effective healing journey.
What are the symptoms of lower back pain?
What signs indicate lower back pain? Symptoms may vary, but some commonly reported include:
- Persistent, dull ache in your lower, upper, or mid-back
- Severe, sharp pain that radiates across your back
- Sudden, stabbing discomfort in your back
- Pain, numbness, or tingling extending down your leg
- Increased pain or onset of pain during bending, lifting, standing, or moving
- Rigidity and muscle spasms in the back, hips, and pelvic area
- Discomfort disturbing your sleep or restricting your activities
Neglecting back pain can lead to serious repercussions, including potential long-term problems and irreversible damage to the back, which may require costly and invasive surgery. Untreated back pain can also lead to chronic pain or reliance on prescription medications, and may cause permanent damage to the nervous system, spine, vertebrae, and discs.
Don’t endure pain in silence! If these symptoms resonate with you, it’s time to seek help. Contact us in Fairfax today, and we’ll promptly schedule your initial consultation, embarking on your path to a more pain-free life.
What causes lower back pain?
Various activities and conditions can result in lower back discomfort:
- Lifting or carrying heavy objects
- Experiencing a fall or injury
- Involvement in car accidents
- Sustaining sports-related injuries
- Physiological changes during pregnancy
- Repetitive actions or overuse
- Incorrect form during physical exercise
- Sitting for long periods without breaks
- Habitual poor posture
- Residual effects from past injuries
- Referred pain originating from other areas
- Compensation for weakness or instability from previous injuries
How do we treat lower back pain?
- Book an appointment or call us to schedule a consultation and evaluation is a Fairfax chiropractic doctor.
- The chiropractic doctor will review your back pain symptoms and discuss your treatment options.
- A natural and holistic custom individualized treatment plan for your back pain will be prescribed and implemented with routine check-ins on progress that will include hands on rehabilitative exercises and other treatments.
- An in home therapy plan will also be prescribed and updated regularly so that you can experience back pain relief between visits and continue your progress outside of the clinic.
Why should you choose Kaizo Health Fairfax to treat your back pain?
Chiropractors are experienced doctors in treating and relieving back pain. Your back pain chiropractor will review all your symptoms and medical history. They will work to understand the possible underlying causes of your back pain. Chiropractic care focuses on manual techniques, stretching, and rehabilitative exercises. These can include soft tissue and muscle work, spinal adjustments and more. A chiropractor uses natural therapies to treat your area of injury. A chiropractor may also recommend treatments like dry needling or cupping. These can be helpful for even more effective healing, depending on your condition.
Truly, when you choose Kaizo-Health you are choosing to work with a leading back pain Chiropractor in Fairfax, VA. Our team can truly help you as you work to become more pain free.
Meet our Fairfax Chiropractors
Doctor of Chiropractic
Clinic Director – Fairfax Office
Dr. Michaela Hogg is an exceptional chiropractor. She is a board certified and licensed Virginia chiropractor. She completed her undergraduate education at the University of Scranton where she studied exercise science with a concentration in nutrition. She began her chiropractic school…Learn More About Dr. Hogg
Doctor of Chiropractic
Physical therapy privileges
Dr. Zary Dell is a licensed chiropractor in fairfax, va and in Maryland. He is a Maryland native and attended University of Maryland, College Park for his undergraduate studies. He received a Bachelor’s degree in Kinesiology. He followed his passion for sports and human performance as he attended Logan College of Chiro…Learn More About Dr. Dell
Chiropractic Care Assistant
Chiropractic Care Assistant
Chiropractic Care Assistant
Chiropractic Care Assistant
Our Fairfax chiropractors will help you take control of your life.
At Kaizo Health, we take all conditions seriously. We want to help you get out of pain and stay out of pain. Our doctors perform a thorough examination to assess and treat your body as a whole. We’re a leading back pain chiropractor in Fairfax and will help you strategize a game plan for dealing with pain in your head, neck, back, shoulder, hip and more.
Click Here to learn about ALL the conditions we treat…
Chiropractic Questions? We’ve got answers..
01. What is a chiropractic back adjustment?
A manual adjustment or manipulation is when a chiropractor uses their hands or tools to apply pressure to the spine or back. This procedure improves movement in the back and spine. It also improves the body’s overall physical function.
During a typical chiropractic adjustment, a chiropractor places you in a specific positions. Often, you’re positioned lying facedown on a specially designed, padded chiropractic table. The chiropractor uses his or her hands to apply a controlled, sudden force to a joint. This pushes it beyond its usual range of motion. You may hear popping or cracking sounds as your chiropractor moves your joints. This is completely normal during your treatment session.
You can find a video on chiropractic adjustments for back pain here.
02. Will my medical insurance cover chiropractic care or back pain treatment?
Most major insurances typically cover chiropractic treatments. You can call our chiropractic office in Fairfax, Virginia, to discuss your insurance coverage. If you don’t have insurance, we also offer affordable discount self-pay options and payment plans.
03. How do I relieve back pain? / How do I get rid of back pain?
The following practices will help in the pain relief for back pain:
- Hot water bottle or warm pad compression on the affected area to relieve tight or strained muscles.
- Ice pack compression on the area of injury. Cold compression will help reduce the pain and risk of inflammation.
- Epsom salt bath. This can help reduce pain and inflammation. It can be used as frequently as you desire. Try two cups of Epsom salt in warm water.
- At-home devices such a foam roller, compression gun, or stretching.
These at-home remedies may work to temporarily relieve pain but it is recommended you see a back pain doctor in Fairfax, VA to get to the root cause of the problem and ensure it doesn’t worsen.
04. What can cause lower back pain in women?
Lower back pain can result
- Carrying heavy materials, tools, and equipment.
- Improper exercise form or technique.
- Forward or sidewards trunk bending.
- Sitting for a long period of time.
It’s more likely to occur in women than men because of some hormonal indicators such as stress, anxiety, and frequent mood shifts.
05. What exercises help with back pain?
Exercises such as stretching and foam rolling can help with back pain. Low impact exercises such as walking or yoga can also help.
06. How to know if back pain is serious? When should I worry?
Pain is not a good indicator of how serious your back pain is. You can have severe damage in your lower back but only experience light to moderate pain. If you notice pain in your lower back, you should make an appointment with a back pain chiropractor to understand the extent of your injury or pain. You should immediately seek care if your back pain is accompanies by: High fever, loss of bladder control, severe stomach pain, or persisting leg weakness.
07. Is heat or cold better for lower back pain?
Deciding between heat or cold compression for your back injury depends on the cause of the pain. Heat provides better relief from stiffness, muscle spasms and tension. Cold compress is better for pain caused by a specific injury. Cold compression can help reduce inflammation and swelling.
08. Is walking good for back pain?
Walking can help relieve tension in your lower back. It is a good low-impact exercise that can loosen the muscles and increase blood flow.
09. How can I relax my back muscles?
To relax and ease tension in your back muscles, try the following movements:
- Extend your legs while lying on your back
- Gently raise your left leg up with your knee slightly bent.
- Draw your knee towards your chest.
- Hold still for 30 Seconds
- Repeat the same on the right leg.
If this exercise elicits pain…do not push through. Contact us immediately for an appointment.
RETHINK. REBUILD. RESTART.
Kaizo Health Awards
First multi-location practice in the entire country recognized by the National Committee on Quality Assurance’s Back Pain Recognition Program (BPRP)
First Performance Health Centers of Excellence in the US
America’s Most Loved Practices as the top seven doctors in the country in patient satisfaction by Drscore.com
Inc. 5000 list as one of the fastest growing private US companies
Volt Awards Technology Implementer by Smart CEO Magazine
America’s Most Loved Doctor by drscore.com by having the highest patient satisfaction scores of any doctor in the US (Landover)
Top 10 best chiropractic clinics in Fairfax, VA by expertise.com
OFFICIAL NIH RESEARCH SITE
We are so proud to announce that our clinics have been named an Official Research Site by the NIH as we continue our research on safe pain management approaches!
Book an Appointment
Please use the booking tool here to schedule your first appointment for back pain evaluation and treatment with our chiropractor in Fairfax, VA. If needed we will be in touch with follow up questions or we will just email you with next steps.
We offer same-day appointments when available. You can book an appointment online now or call or text our Fairfax, VA office at 703-890-2222.
If you can’t find the appointment day or time that you are looking for, please contact our office at (240) 766-0300. You can also request an appointment here and we will reach out to you. We can often squeeze people in, when appropriate. You can also contact our office with any additional questions or request further information
What our patients have to say
Dr. Gilmour and her entire staff (MiMi, Eric, Henry and Rico) are AMAZING! They take their time with you and are super friendly! The electric stimulation with ice and mat exercises are great! Also, the adjustments and massage gun are so helpful! My injury is feeling so much better!!! HIGHLY RECOMMEND this Chiropractor for physical therapy!!!!
– Sophia Lawson
I had the best first time experience going to a chiropractor in a Covid safe environment. Everyone is welcoming, professional and knowledgeable. Dr. Ian was great! He really can crack your back. ? I walked in tense, stiff, sore, and not knowing how to move my body. They taught me how to overcome all of that. Most of the exercises I do with my 5th grade students at work. Communication with Kaizo staff has been super easy with their text system. I get a reminder. If I can’t make it I just text make and they told me my options. I’ll be back for regular maintenance. Thanks!
– D. Lynette Walker
Had such a great experience at Kaizo! Dr. Schapiro and Gilmore were very kind, and the CA’s take the best care of you as well. This was my first time at a PT/Chiro practice and they made it incredibly comfortable. Appreciate it, Kaizo!
– Gabby Evidente