Dr. Jay Greenstein, CEO of Sport and Spine Rehab shares 5 key questions that every parent should ask before enrolling your child in a youth sports program.
- What is your emergency action plan More importantly, is the plan in writing and does everyone including coaches, parents, and volunteers know what the plan is?
- What is your communication strategy with parents when there is a non-emergency injury?
- Does your organization have a written concussion protocol?
- Have coaches had training on sports injury-prevention, sports nutrition, dehydration, and concussion management?
- Does the organization have a policy for background checks and is it available to review?
Sport and Spine Rehab offers a free concussions seminar for every audience. Coaches, parents, and student-athletes. These seminars offer the latest evidence-based research, provide information on how to protect student-athletes, and get expert advice on treatment options.