Coronavirus: Our Response and Tips to Boost Your Immune System
With the Coronavirus making its way around the DC area, we wanted to take some time to address some questions and talk about the steps WE are taking to keep YOU safe!
How is Kaizo handling the Coronavirus?
Your health and safety is our top priority, so we are taking action to ensure that we continue to provide you with a clean and safe environment:
- We have provided re-training for all of our staff using the latest evidence and information available from the CDC.
- To ensure patient (and our team’s) safety, we have placed additional hand sanitizer outside of each treatment room and in our waiting rooms.
- Our team will be additionally vigilant to ensure that our sterilization procedures continue to be followed. This means that we will continue to clean every piece of equipment following each patient.
- At the end of each shift, in addition to the nightly cleaning routine, we will sterilize all surfaces in our clinics, including doorknobs, counters and the hand sanitizer dispensers themselves.
- We will waive any cancellation fees for patients who fell sick and present a doctor’s note.
As a Science-drive organization, the Kaizo Health group is committed to actively contributing the “flattening the line” and stopping the spread of COVID-19 and will be launching Virtual Office Visits starting as early as next week!
If you’ve been outside of the United States, or have been in contact with someone who recently returned from Europe or Asia, please call us prior to coming to your appointment! If you’re experience fever, cough or shortness of breath, please contact your Primary Care Provider immediately.
As always, please feel free to reach out to us with any questions you may have.
Now for the GOOD news!!
Did you know? Chiropractic Care Raises Antibody Levels!
That’s right! Receiving chiropractic treatment can boost your immunity!
IgG and IgM are both immunoglobulins (antibodies) that help your body fight off invaders like bacteria, viruses, and toxins.
Studies show that lgG levels are elevated 30 minutes after receiving chiropractic care, and IgM levels are elevated 2 hours after care. Therefore, chiropractic care can heighten your body’s ability to fight off sickness!
- Allen JM. The effects of chiropractic on the immune system: A review of the literature. Chiropractic Journal of Australia. 1993;23(4):132-135.
- Teodorczyk-Injeyan JA, McGregor M, Ruegg R, Injeyan HS. Interleukin 2-regulated in vitro antibody production following a single spinal manipulative treatment in normal subjects. Chiropractic & Osteopathy. 2010;18:26.
Exercise to Boost Immunity
Exercise has been shown to have an anti-inflammatory effect on our bodies. Researchers from the University of California – San Diego found that just 20 minutes of exercise has the ability to boost your immune system.
An immune system boost is just one of the many benefits of regular exercise. Let’s not forget exercise can improve your body composition, reduce disease risk, lower stress, improve mental health, and help you get better sleep!
Are you looking to get back into an active lifestyle? Our coaches can make sure that it is safe for you to do so through our free Functional Movement Assessments. Click here to book your time.
Remember: Exercise all around promotes a healthier body, and healthy bodies are less likely to get sick!
Nutrition is Key
Nutrition is a significant component of health and fitness that is often overlooked. Healthy eating is always important, but there are some foods that make for excellent immunity boosters because of their nutritional contents:
- Elderberry – These berries have a high antioxidant and vitamin content, and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Mushrooms – High in selenium and B vitamins that are required for a healthy immune system.
- Oysters – Provides significant levels of vitamins and minerals (not to mention 16 g of protein) in just a 140 calorie serving, and all of these subparts are important for strong immune function.
- Watermelon – A nutrient dense fruit with potassium, vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin B6, and glutathione that all encourage a properly functioning immune system.
- Spinach – Contains lots of folate, vitamin A, vitamin C, fiber, magnesium, and iron. These not only boost immune function, but contribute to cell division and DNA repair.