Launched in 2007 in Philadelphia, Back on My Feet (BoMF) is a non-profit organization that uses running to help the homeless rebuild strength and confidence; ultimately becoming self-sufficient. The organization has had incredible results over the years, with 75% of its members consistently maintaining 90% attendance at morning runs. Fifty% of members successfully move from living in dependency to an independent lifestyle.
BoMF now has chapters in Washington, DC, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Indianapolis, Atlanta and New York City.
3rd Annual Back On My Feet Blue & Green Birthday Bash
The Blue & Green Birthday Bash is Back on My Feet?s annual fundraising gala. It is an evening packed full of celebration, memories, and inspiration designed to honor the accomplishments of members and the important contributions of supporters.
This year, the Blue & Green Birthday Bash will be held on March 27th at the JW Marriott in Washington DC and will feature features hors d?oeuvres, dinner, an open bar, and a stunning array of silent auction items. ?The Blue & Green Birthday Bash is a great opportunity to support Back on My Feet. 100% of the money raised from this event goes back to BoMF to help to move individuals in DC out of homelessness and toward self-sufficiency.
- $125 per person until March 24th
- $150 at the door
- $250 – Sustaining Donor – 1 ticket and printed recognition in Bash Program
- $500 – Sustaining Donors – 2 tickets and printed recognition in Bash Program
- $1000 – Legacy Donor – 2 tickets, printed recognition in Bash Program and signature BoMF Brooks Half-Zip
In 2012, with nearly 500 attendees, the Back on My Feet Blue & Green Birthday Bash raised close to $100,000. Let?s make 2013 the year we raise over $100,000!
Back On My Feet and Sport & Spine Rehab
Almost since the beginning of BoMF in Washington DC, Sport & Spine Rehab (SSR) has been providing educational lectures and free injury care and rehabilitation to the homeless participants and to the volunteers of the program. SSR supports the BoMF efforts in other ways, as well, including:
- For the past two years, Dr. Jay Greenstein, founder and CEO of SSR has served on the Host Committee for the Birthday Bash
- Sport and Spine Rehab employees also attend most BoMF events to cheer on the runners and to lend support in whatever capacity BoMF needs.
- Sport and Spine Rehab?s Dr. Allen Huffman volunteers his time, providing great care for the runners.
Its great to know that Back on My Feet and Sport and Spine Rehab are working together to improve the health and well-being of the public, one life at a time.
If you have any questions or if you would like more information, please contact Sport and Spine Rehab by visiting our website today!
?To be the trusted leader in enriching the health and well-being of the public, one life at a time.?
And don?t forget about our March Facebook Contest! Like Sport & Spine Rehab on Facebook in the month of March to be entered for a chance to win a Gift Certificate for Three 60 Minute Kettle Bell Skill Sessions ($267.00 value) and $50 in Sport and Spine Gear! 2nd Place receives $50 in Sport and Spine Gear.